Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist (LMRT) - Austin
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19001436
The Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist performs Diagnostic Imaging procedures on a limited basis for ambulatory patients in a Physician Office and Clinic Settings as requested by a physician or other licensed provider and under general supervision of a Radiologist/Clinician. The Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist effectively explains the procedure to the patient, ensures the patient is comfortable and at ease during the exam, and provides care to the patients while obtaining diagnostic quality images for interpretation by a Radiologist. Other essential functions of the Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist include the following:
- Verifies the patient's identification using two forms of ID as outlined in hospital policies using AIDET.
- Communicates with patient clearly and in a professional manner.
- Assures proper patient preparation, verifies screening protocols and answers questions.
- Evaluates patient's history and symptoms for the procedure's clinical criteria.
- Verifies the requisition/chart for valid written order, priority, date, ordering comments, physician's notes, precautions and patient consent forms.
- Assures that images and records are properly completed with patient identification data and appropriate labeling.
- Utilizes technical knowledge and skills to perform procedures accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with age specific criteria.
- Uses proper sterile technique when setting up and performing procedures and semi-invasive procedures.
The ideal candidate for the Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist role provides compassionate quality care to patients while obtaining diagnostic quality images for interpretation by the Radiologist. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, professional and team-oriented and have excellent communication, interpersonal, and imaging skills.
- Location/Facility â Baylor Scott & White Hospital, Austin
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice â Radiology
- Shift/Schedule â Days, FT
- Benefits â Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationâs exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itâs accepting a calling!
- Graduate of an Accredited Program
- Licensed by the State of Texas Medical Board as a Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist (LMRT) with specialties in Chest, Extremities, Skull and Spine.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Community / Marketing Title: Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist (LMRT) - Austin
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.