Director Commodities - IS
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19012906
We are seeking a Director of Commodities Information Systems with the skills to reduce initial spend and achieve ongoing year-over-year productivity improvements in (in scope) non-labor spend categories while maintaining or improving product quality and vendor service levels. Commodity Director will have responsibility for Information Systems spend, with a focus on leading transformative efforts to make strategic impacts
- Communicates with cross-functional sourcing teams to identify products requiring sourcing. Develops and implements effective sourcing strategies.
- Prioritizes projects for assigned commodities, leads strategy development, manages RFI and RFP processes, leads negotiations and ensures contract completion.
- In categories where service is insourced and outsourced, works with insourced owners to ensure appropriate make vs. buy selection.
- Sets policies and procedures for managing the purchasing process for assigned commodities.
- Develops implementation plan for new process and supports Implementation Managers in ensuring execution. Also monitors contract compliance and works with Implementation Manager on resolution or escalation.
- Provides ongoing communication to Supply Chain leadership and stakeholders on activities and status.
- Identifies budgetary impact of new sourcing policy/contract.
- Develops vendor management strategy and performance scorecard.
- Monitors and manages performance with support of Strategic Sourcing Director.
- Strong analytical skills (will need to construct and execute multiple complex analyses -TCO, NPV).
- The ability to think strategically and translate implications of analyses into sourcing strategies.
- Strong relationship building skills with ability to lead varying groups through stages of collaboration and consensus.
- Strong knowledge of assigned commodities and materials management principles and practices.
- Must be comfortable with conflict and willing to challenge conventional thinking, even from senior level management.
- Strong interpersonal skills (the ability to develop and grow relationships and the ability to influence). Intermediate to advance excel skills.
- Must master pivot tables and v-lookup in Microsoft Excel
Bachelors Degree Required
Masters degree preferred
3 years of experience required
Community / Marketing Title: Director Commodities - IS
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.