Cardiac Sonographer - Register
Location: Buda, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19000713
- Perform advanced cardiac ultrasound procedures utilizing a variety of equipment and techniques and makes the necessary measurements required for the interpretation to obtain accurate, high quality results. Identifies and defines cardiac abnormalities and extends the scope of the examination appropriately, deviating from standard techniques when necessary and correlating invasive and noninvasive cardiac diagnostic test results with cardiac anatomy and function
- May assist physicians in the procedure rooms and operating rooms by performing echocardiograph studies to aid them in proceeding with complex procedures to decrease risk factors. Assists in performing transesophageal studies with cardiologist, calculating appropriate measurements and sterilizes probe.
- Prepare patients for procedures and obtains clinical history from the patient including cardiac related physical findings and pertinent laboratory data in order to adapt the imaging techniques to obtain comprehensive and diagnostic echocardiograms to alleviate the probability of erroneous clinical interpretation of the echocardiogram.
- Record statistics and performs daily maintenance of the Echocardiography Lab and its equipment, reporting all malfunctions as appropriate.
- Act as a resource to other staff, physicians and students regarding equipment, techniques, procedures and studies to optimize patient care. Work closely with cardiac sonographer quality coordinator to ensure quality processes and protocols are adhered to and assists with ICAEL accreditation activities as delegated. Implement protocols as new technology evolves, and ensures system echocardiography standards are implemented and adhered to.
Location/Facility â Baylor Scott & White, BudaFor more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Specialty/Department/Practice â Cardiology
Shift/Schedule â Full Time
Benefits â Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Education: Education & Experience requirements (must meet one of the following):Associates degree in Cardiac Sonography from CAAHEP accredited program, orUS military sonographer training program, orFive (5) years of related sonography experience.
Experience: Education & Experience requirements (must meet one of the following):Associates degree in Cardiac Sonography from CAAHEP accredited program, orUS military sonographer training program, orFive (5) years of related sonography experience.
Certifications: Certification (must have one of the following valid certifications):Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) granted by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) granted by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)"
Community / Marketing Title: Cardiac Sonographer - Register
Location_formattedLocationLong: Buda, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.