Therapeutic Med Physicist I
Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19002491
The Therapeutic Medical Physicist I, under the direction of the Director of Medical Physics from the Department of Radiation Oncology, performs the technical aspect of safe and effective delivery of radiation therapy to achieve the therapeutic treatment outcome of a patient.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
1. Performs, evaluates and manages regularly scheduled quality assurance testing of treatment related machines and/or systems (linear accelerator, brachytherapy, computed tomography, and radiation treatment planning system).
2. Performs and supervises any radiation treatment that requires a therapeutic medical physicist to be present.
3. Performs, supervises and evaluates any computer aided planning and/or calculation for radiation treatment (external beam and brachytherapy).
4. Performs and evaluates patient related dosimetric measurements to evaluate treatment quality.
5. Provides consultation to radiation oncologists, clinical staff and patients if requested.
6. Participates in acceptance and commissioning of new treatment modality.
7. Participates in state and federal compliance of the department.
The ideal candidate has good verbal and written communication skills; has a good understanding and clinical judgement of radiation oncology clinical workflow; is able to perform tasks independently without routine supervision; has knowledge of and ability to operate and maintain radiation treatment machines/equipment/detectors/software.
ï¿½ Location/Facility ï¿½ BSW Memorial Hospital Waco, Texas
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
ï¿½ Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Therapeutic Med Physicist
ï¿½ Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full Time Days
ï¿½ Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
ï¿½ Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
ï¿½ 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
ï¿½ Tuition Reimbursement
ï¿½ PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
ï¿½ Master's Degree
ï¿½ Licensed by the State of Texas a Medical Physicist required
ï¿½ No experience required
Community / Marketing Title: Therapeutic Med Physicist I
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.