Manager Medical Staff Services
Location: Frisco, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19013119
The Manager of Medical Staff Services has overall responsibility for the Medical Staff functions, which maintains credentialing and privileging on physicians and Allied Health Professionals, maintains compliance with regulatory standards, bylaws, rules and regulations as well as medical staff policies etc. The Manager of Medical Staff Services serves as the primary liaison between the Medical Staff and Administration. This position is expected to assist with the overall integration of Medical Staff Services across the Baylor Scott & White Health.
The Manager of Medical Staff Services job duties also include, but are not limited to:
- Direct support of the Chief Medical Officer (if applicable), Medical Staff Officers, Department Chairs, Chair of Credentials Committee, and Medical Executive Committee
- Maintain accurate, verifiable and secure credentialing information for physicians and allied health professionals
- Maintain bylaws, Rules and Regulations, medical staff policies, privilege cards etc.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance with all State and Federal regulatory agencies as it pertains to Medical Staff Services.
- Develop and/or support the development of the budget and operates the department within Baylor Scott & White Health.
- Recruit and maintain the staff necessary to carry out the functions of the department
- Maintain a long-range plan for the on-going operation of the department consistent with system goals and objectives
- Work cooperatively with peers to further integrate Medical Staff Services across Baylor Scott & White Health
- Attend Medical Executive Committee, Credentials Committee, Department Meetings and other key meetings as required
The ideal candidate for the Manager of Medical Staff Services role will have knowledge of how to prepare and maintain a budget and be comfortable with working with Medical Staff leaders on complex issues (behaviors, quality, etc.).
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Please note that management retains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, integrity, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Baylor Scott & White Health.
- Location/Facility ï¿½ Baylor Scott & White- Centennial
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Medical Staff Support
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full Time
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote the well-being of all individuals, families and communities. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
- Bachelorï¿½s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 5+ Years Experience
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional Medical Services Manager (CPMSM)
Community / Marketing Title: Manager Medical Staff Services
Location_formattedLocationLong: Frisco, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.