HTM Biomed Manager - Waco
Location: Waco, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19013696
The HTM Biomed Manager functions as primary administrative contact for Biomed services support for Baylor Scott & White Health entities. The HTM Biomed Manager develops, directs, organizes and manages the overall operations and distribution of resources (staffing, budgets, and outside vendor services) of the Biomed equipment support services program for the assigned area, and/or accounts. This includes review, auditing and decision support activities related to problem diagnosis, repair, preventive maintenance and quality assurance of patient care and other assigned capital asset equipment. The HTM Biomed Manager participates in the development of annual goals and objectives related to supporting the growth and development of services in response to the Biomed equipment support needs of the organization.
The HTM Biomed Manager job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reports to the Director, HTM Region and meets with him/her at least monthly to review all matrix reporting structures, key performance indicators and progress on annual goals.
- Assists to determine proper staffing levels as needed to provide Biomed support services at assigned accounts, and distributes personnel based upon preventive and corrective maintenance workloads.
- Reviews productivity and efficiency work data for all staff members and identifies areas where improvements can be made which will maximize staffing resources.
- Develops and implements new maintenance strategies necessary to improve service quality, reduce turnaround times, increase equipment up time and reduce costs.
- Meets periodically with Biomed team members to review previous work completion data, future projected scheduled work assignments, quality assurance related issues, new equipment incoming inspections, and any other projects or equipment support needs which would impact staffing and/or financial resources.
- Works with the Director, HTM Region to determine training needs and recommends/implements arrangements as needed to obtain the necessary training, test equipment and tools needed to expand the areas of technical services provided by the department.
- Participates in and/or assists with development of departmental and hospital based continuous quality improvement initiatives. Maximizes patient safety by supporting the proper use, application and operational performance of patient care equipment.
- Works on assigned projects related to development and/or review of specifications for new Biomed equipment acquisition based upon approved capital equipment budgets. Assists with coordinating and performing clinical trials on available new equipment under consideration for purchase.
The ideal candidate for The HTM Biomed Manager role will be able to participate in construction projects at assigned facilities involving Biomed equipment where appropriate, assisting with equipment planning and providing technical support for Biomed equipment issues during the construction process.
- Location/Facility ï¿½ Baylor Scott & White Medical Center
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Health Technology Management
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full time/Exempt
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote the well-being of all individuals, families and communities. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
7+ Years Experience
Community / Marketing Title: HTM Biomed Manager - Waco
Location_formattedLocationLong: Waco, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.