Intra Operative Tech
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19014696
The Intra-Operative Technician performs a variety of intra-operative imaging procedures on patients in hospital settings such as the Operation Room, Urology or other units as requested by a Physician or Licensed provider. The Intra-Operative Technologist must be able to perform a wide variety of exams ranging from diagnostic radiographic images, fluoroscopy, angiographic and at times 3D (as required by facility), guidance, and other imaging procedures in support of orthopedic, neurological, endovascular and other intra-operative service lines requiring imaging.
The Intra-Operative Technician job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies patient service requirements by utilizing AIDET when communicating with patients to assure they perform the correct exam on the correct patient as part of the time-out process, establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand the service requirements.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements and enforces adherence to requirements; advises management on needed actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, recommendations and regulations of the TDH, OSHA, TJC and ACR.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, knowledge of exposure factors and documentation of dose used.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control and aseptic surgical policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups (specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult and geriatric.
The ideal candidate for the Intra-Operative Technician role will be able to perform tasks independently, without need for routine Radiologist or management oversight, and be able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times, providing courteous service, and remaining professional.
- Location/Facility ï¿½ Baylor Scott & White - Heart & Vascular
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Cardiology
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Monday - Friday (10:30AM - 7:00PM)
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote the well-being of all individuals, families and communities. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
- Graduate of an Accredited Program
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiography (ARRT-R) Certification
- Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Community / Marketing Title: Intra Operative Tech
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.