Manager Actuarial Services - Health Plan
Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19014950
The Manager of Actuarial Services will serve under the general direction of the VP of Finance and is responsible for supervising, gathering and evaluating membership claims and premium data for ratemaking, budgeting, benefits, trends, provider networks, etc.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
The Manager of Actuarial Services will evaluate employee performance and administrate performance related issues, complaints, resolve employee relation issues, interview, hire and train new employees as needed. The Manager will identify and retrieve data needed for study by business type large group, small group, individual, Medicare, claim type - Inpatient hospital, Outpatient hospital, physician and Rx. In addition, the Manager will prepare graphs, presentations, manage reports and develop a projection model process and distribute results.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
The ideal candidate for this role must have previous management experience and strong problem solving, analytical, mathematical, and computer skills. The candidate must have the ability to read, apply and interpret professional journals, general business periodicals and government regulations, write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals, and effectively present information to an Actuarial Manager, is essential for the role.
- Specialty/Department/Practice - Temple Health Plan
- Shift/Schedule - Full Time
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO accrual beginning Day 1. Please note, benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree is required
- EXPERIENCE: 0-3 Months of experience is required
- Associate of Society of Actuaries ( ASA )
- 3 years of relevant experience
Community / Marketing Title: Manager Actuarial Services - Health Plan
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.