Profee Cardiology Coding Supervisor
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19014127
The Supervisor of Coding is responsible for HIM outpatient coding staff and possesses an in-depth knowledge of the ICD-9-CM and CPT coding systems. The Supervisor is able to interpret health record documentation to identify procedures and services for accurate code assignment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
The Supervisor of Coding ensures the accuracy and consistency of coded data for outpatient records, day surgery, emergency room, clinic treatment room procedures and observation records. The Supervisor also conducts ongoing reviews on outpatient HIM coding staff and serves as a resource to other department and coding staff to answer documentation related questions.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of HIM Outpatient Coding applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines, have strong communication, interpersonal and computer skills and the ability to train outpatient coding staff is essential for the role. Also, must have knowledge of Profee Cardiology coding, including Cath/EP procedures and clinic charges.
- Specialty/Department/Practice - HIM
- Shift/Schedule - Full-Time, Days: Onsite in Dallas- some remote work allowed
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO accrual beginning Day 1. Please note, benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION: Associate's degree or equivalent experience is required
- EXPERIENCE: 4+ Years of experience is required
- CERTIFCATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION: Must have one of the following:
Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician Based (CCS-P) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification is required
Community / Marketing Title: Profee Cardiology Coding Supervisor
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.