Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist - Rowlett (Days)
Location: Rowlett, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19015520
The Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist under general supervision, assists Physicians during specials/catheterization/electrophysiology lab procedures. Prepares room and equipment, instructs patients, monitors patient's condition and provides routine and emergency patient care during procedures. Contributes to the orientation and training of personal. Assist in daily, monthly, and or quarterly quality control initiative through auditing and reporting. The Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist assists Physicians with arteriograms/catheterizations, permanent pacemaker implantations, implantable cardiac defibrillators, diagnostic and interventional, peripheral and coronary, interventional and thrombolytic therapy. The Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist prepares and maintains sterile fields for Lab procedures. The Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist manages and maintains images which may include stenosis analysis, formatting, and processing on both cardiac and peripheral cases. The Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist monitors patientsï¿½ ECG, pressures, temperature, Impendences, while in Electrophysiology Lab while notifying physician of variances. Assist in running RF/Cryo ablation systems, 3D mapping, and record other procedural documentation The Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist performs routine calibration and maintenance of complex equipment; notifies appropriate personnel for repairs. The Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist oversees some level of quality control monitors such as NPSG auditing, turnaround times, performance improvement initiatives. (Daily, monthly and/or quarterly). The Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist participates in shared governance, department, hospital, or professional organizations and committees. This can also include LEAN initiatives, NOBLE, 5S projects, inter-departmental committee, or any professional organization participation, QC assurance with leaders, etc. Oversees the committee as requested.
The ideal candidate for The Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist must have Knowledge and ability to apply complex invasive cardiac and vascular principles, instrumentation and techniques.
- Location/Facility ï¿½ Baylor Scott and White Medical Center at Lakepointe - Rowlett,TX
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Catheterization Lab
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Days (M-F 7A-330PM)
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 2+ Years Experience or Degree Equivalency
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist certification in Radiography (ARRT-R) and a certification as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) through the Texas Medical Board OR certification as one of the following: Cardio Invasive Specialist (RCIS), Registered Cardiac Electro Specialist (RCES), Certified Electro Specialist (CEPS), or Certified Cardiac Device Specialist (CCDS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certified
Community / Marketing Title: Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist - Rowlett (Days)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rowlett, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.