Certified Medical Assistant Primary Care Craig Ranch McKinney
Location: McKinney, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19017775
The Medical Assistant I performs various patient care duties and prepares patient for examinations and procedures. The Medical Assistant I may assist in cleaning exam rooms and equipment, documentation, laboratory functions, ordering medical supplies, and/or providing other services under supervision of Physician and/or technician.
- Prepare patient for examination by assessing condition, taking vital signs, and/or documenting medical record.
- May assist Physician and/or technician with procedure(s).
- May monitor response to treatment and medication.
- Document patient results.
- Administer medication and/or injections. May setup IV if necessary.
- May perform routine laboratory functions such as obtaining specimens and ordering analysis.
- Prepare Examination Rooms by arranging sterile instruments on tray and/or Stocking Rooms with medical supplies.
- Clean and maintain Laboratory, Exam Room, and/or other equipment.
- Perform quality control procedures on equipment and/or report any issues.
- Schedule referral appointments, CT scans, MRI, and/or other procedures.
- May educate patient and family regarding plan of treatment or procedure.
- Assist with front office duties as needed.
The ideal candidate for the Medical Assistant I holds a BLS certification, and have a High School Diploma/GED equivalent. Certified Medical Assistant is preferred for the role.
- Specialty/Department/Practice - Baylor Scott&White Health Primary Care Craig Ranch, McKinney, Tx
- Shift/Schedule - Full-time, Weekdays
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN) certification required
- Medical Assistant Certification required
Community / Marketing Title: Certified Medical Assistant Primary Care Craig Ranch McKinney
Location_formattedLocationLong: McKinney, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.