Nurse Practitioner Emergency Department Temple
Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19007118
Provides patient medical care by assessing, diagnosing, treating, and evaluating responses to treatment in a variety of illnesses, infections, and injuries in accordance with the Texas Board of Nursing APRN Scope of Practice and federal requirements and guidelines. Provides education and counseling to promote health wellness and facilitate disease prevention.
What is Expected (Essential Job Functions)
1. Assesses the physical condition of patients by performing and obtaining comprehensive or problem-focused physical examinations and medical histories.
2. Orders, collects, interprets, and evaluates laboratory and other diagnostic tests to assess patient problems and health care needs.
3. Prescribes, recommends, and/or employs medical drug therapies or other forms of related therapeutic treatments and procedures in accordance with approved protocols/policy and with attention to efficacy, safety, and cost. Recommends interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
4. Formulates and implements comprehensive outcomes-based patient care plans based on patient assessments, scientific rationale, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines. Evaluates the patient's response to the health care provided and the effectiveness of care.
5. Counsels patients and families regarding medical processes, management of the health illness/condition, medication, nutrition, and health promotion. Counsels patients about drug regimens and possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as food supplements, over-the-counter medications, and herbal remedies.
6. Maintains appropriate records detailing the patient's treatment plans and outcomes. Initiates timely consultation and referral when the problem exceeds scope of practice and/or expertise.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities to include symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
2. Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions.
3. Verbal and written communication skills.
4. Critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
5. Skill in the use of computers and related software applications.
6. Interpersonal and customer service skills.
7. Ability to develop and implement comprehensive outcomes-based patient care plans.
8. Ability to counsel patients concerning medical conditions, treatment plans, and behavior modification.
Location/Facility-Baylor Scott & White - Temple
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Specialty/Department/Practice-Emergency Department / Fast Track
Shift/Schedule-Shift position, full time, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 12 hour shifts
Benefits-Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
- Grad of an Accredited Program
- Registered Nurse license
- Nurse Practitioner license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- DEA License
Community / Marketing Title: Nurse Practitioner Emergency Department Temple
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.