Palliative Care Physician in Austin/Round Rock
Location: Round Rock, Texas US
Requisition Number: 17005352
Baylor Scott & White Health
Physician - Austin/Round Rock Region/Lakeway, Texas
Division of Supportive and Palliative Care
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a Board Certified or Board Eligible Physician to join our expanding program within the Division of Supportive and Palliative Care. This position is located at our facility in Austin/Round Rock, Texas.
This opportunity seems ideal for a candidate that is seeking a healthy work life balance in an employed and integrated health system model. Candidates should also be able to effectively collaborate with referring physicians, agencies, and other professionals to provide optimum care for each patient.
Ability to facility the development of the new Baylor Scott & White Lakeway location's Palliative Care program. This role incorporates both inpatient and outpatient Palliative Care access.
- Location/Facility - Baylor Scott and White Health at Austin/Round Rock & Lakeway
- Austin is the state capital of Texas and home of the University of Texas Flagship campus. Austin has many attractions: world class symphony, countless theaters, music venues, professional and major university sports teams, a dining paradise for "foodies", outstanding public and private K-12 schools, and a unique culture.
- Specialty/Department/Practice - Supportive & Palliative Care
- Shift/Schedule - Days
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and time off
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar employer match
- 457(f) savings plan with employer contribution
- CME reimbursements and paid time off
- Excellent Relocation Assistance Packages
- Paid Licensure Renewal
- What We Offer
- Supportive Inter-Disciplinary Healthcare Team
- Clinical and Administrative support staff
- Excellent Culture, Great Work/Life Balance
- Close proximity to major metropolitan cities
- What your day may consist of across both inpatient and outpatient settings:
- Discussions with patients and families on goals of care and advance care planning
- Symptom Management
- Collaborating with physicians, nurses, social workers, chaplains and other specialists to provide patient centered care
- Working with Medical Residents to provide education regarding Supportive & Palliative Care
- Shared Night/Weekend Home-Based Call
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine
- Licensed to Practice Medicine in the state of Texas by the Texas Medical Board
- Employee shall be currently board certified in his or her specialty or demonstrate active pursuit of board certification as defined by the appropriate specialty board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists.
Community / Marketing Title: Palliative Care Physician in Austin/Round Rock
Location_formattedLocationLong: Round Rock, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.