Care Navigator_Health Plan
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19010659
The Care Navigator supports the behavioral health clinical team to ensure members are able to access needed behavioral health or substance use treatment, community resources and needed education. The ideal candidate has experience in health care, social services or behavioral health. The essential duties of the Health Navigator include the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Outreach to member post discharge to review follow up appointments and assist with alleviating barriers to attending after care. Confirm and track attendance at follow up appointments or assist with rescheduling if appointment was missed.
- Assists with member care coordination to include linking members to community resources, locating providers and levels of care needed and helping members in making appointments.
- Conforms to all HIPAA guidelines on a daily basis without exception.
- Consults with other departments on member and/or provider inquiries.
- Assists the Director of Behavioral Health with collection and monitoring of data needed for compliance reporting
- Identifies and refers members in need of case management services
- Coordinates and completes member communications including letters and outbound phone contacts
- Assists in facilitating safe member transitions among care settings
The ideal Health Navigator candidate will have good communication skills, demonstrate cultural competence, and have working knowledge about the behavioral health care system and community services.
Location/Facility ï¿½ Scott & White Health Plan at Austin TXFor more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Population Health / Health Plan
Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Weekdays / Monday - Friday
Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent required
1+ years of related work experience required
Community / Marketing Title: Care Navigator_Health Plan
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.