Registered Nurse ER Fellowship For Experienced Nurses
Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19015145
RN Fellowship for the Emergency Department at Scott & White Medical Center Temple is for nurses with at least 1 year of nursing experience in another specialty that would like to transition into the Emergency Department specialty.
Starting in January 2020
The Fellowship is an extensive orientation into Emergency Room nursing. Positions are full time staff positions.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Temple is a 630 bed teaching hospital and the only Level 1 Trauma Center between Austin and Dallas.
We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center, and designated Stroke Center.
The Emergency Department is a 49 bed unit which includes 6 trauma bays and fast track/results pending areas.
Our average annual ED visits are 78,000.
What Makes Us Unique?
- Be a part of this Academic culture.
- Become highly trained and certified with multiple certification courses offered on campus for Advance Life Support (ACLS), Trauma Nursing Certification (TNCC), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Emergency Nursing Certification (ENPC).
- Nursing specialty that encompasses caring for patients of all age groups and conditions, from delivering babies to resuscitating trauma arrests to administration of medications.
- Be a part of a emergency response teams, learning to respond to disasters with skills for triage, crisis intervention, sexual assault and forensic nursing.
- Be part of the decision makers in our Shared Governance Unit Council.
- Enjoy the various outdoor sports and beauty of central Texas with less traffic than other urban communities for your commute to work.
ï¿½ Location/Facility ï¿½ Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Temple
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
ï¿½ Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Emergency Department
ï¿½ Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full Time Night Shift
ï¿½ Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
ï¿½ Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
ï¿½ 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
ï¿½ Tuition Reimbursement
ï¿½ PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
ï¿½ Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) required
ï¿½ RN license required
ï¿½ Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
1 Year of RN experience required
Note: If you have less than 6 months of experience, we recommend that you apply to our nursing internship program. Internships are available for new graduates and experienced nurses in a variety of specialties. New classes begin in January, June and September.
Community / Marketing Title: Registered Nurse ER Fellowship For Experienced Nurses
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.