Director Data Governance
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19015999
The goal of Baylor Scott & White Healthï¿½s newly formed Analytics Team is to harness the power of data & analytics to inform/empower both incremental and transformational improvement in performance across the enterprise. The Analytics Team is tasked with:
- Organizing the Enterpriseï¿½s data platform
- Establishing strong data governance policies
- Managing / building Enterprise analytics tools and reporting infrastructure
- Deploying analytical insights, including partnering with clinical & administrative leaders to drive performance improvement
We are establishing a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship, seeking to identify and deploy cutting edge technologies to harness an ever-broadening data set to solve the most pressing problems in healthcare.
We are seeking candidates for the Director of Data Governance role ï¿½ a highly-visible and impactful executive role that will report to the Head of Analytics and lead the Data Governance team responsible for establishing standards, improving data quality and developing a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
POSITION PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, directing, and improving the Data Governance team for the Enterprise.
- Governance Framework Creation and Development:
- Develop and implement an enterprise data governance framework based on a long-term vision and implement and manage an enterprise data governance program.
- Create and manage a central process to capture, prioritize and manage data governance efforts across all departments within the organization, supporting data integrity and security.
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information assets, including authoritative systems and owners.
- Policies and Procedures:
- Establish policies, standards, practices, and security measures to assure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard data including a data quality ï¿½scoreï¿½ for key metrics and certification program to distinguish fields that meet a high-quality threshold
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the companyï¿½s principal information assets.
- Develop and communicate goals, strategies, tactics, project plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to reach Data Governance goals.
- Work closely with leadership across the enterprise to execute the data governance strategy utilizing technology where possible to build a culture of data accessibility with users.
- Coordinate external data sources to eliminate redundancy and streamline the expense related to those services.
- Data Analytics:
- Partner closely with the enterprise analytics team to ensure quality data supports robust data analytics infrastructure and predictive modeling capabilities available and accessible.
- Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace.
- Serve as a liaison between business, functional areas and information technology to ensure that data-related business requirements and rules for data quality and protection are clearly defined, communicated, understood and implemented.
- Advise Senior Management on how business decisions impact data integrity and provide recommendations (e.g., around service line definitions etc).
- Responsible for advancing an understanding of and appreciation for data governance, as well as the associated requirements, across the enterprise.
- Build, motivate, train, mentor, evaluate, and manage team members, and provide supervisory oversight to staff which includes annual reviews, staff development, and leadership.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES DESIRED:
- Problem-solving skills ï¿½ Strong background in problem-solving
- Leadership ï¿½ Proven capabilities at influencing others, including senior level executives, with limited direct control. Confident in oneï¿½s capabilities - credible, high integrity, authentic and trustworthy
- Collaborator ï¿½ Demonstrated capabilities at working with high level executives and other analytics leaders to work through differences and align on solutions
- Detail oriented ï¿½ Ability to drill down into the weeds to problem solve while being mindful of details
- Strong understanding of healthcare industry ï¿½ Experience working with large health systems; preferably with knowledge and understanding of both clinical and back-office operations
- Mission driven ï¿½ Professional mission centered on having a positive impact on society, exceeding personal imperatives
- Respectful and respectable ï¿½ polite, tactfully says what s/he means and does what s/he says; genuinely cares for others
- Embraces agile project management, and understands critical roles of requirements gathering, design, test, and validation techniques
- Demonstrated skills specific to change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to express complex technical information in understandable user-friendly language and style with demonstrated ability to articulate, persuade and communicate the value of data and data management best practices.
- Knowledge of industry best practices - master data management (MDM), data governance, established data management principles and techniques, and emerging data and reporting technologies
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues.
- Working knowledge of EPIC electronic medical records (EMR) system, especially analytic and reporting functionality
- Data governance expertise ï¿½ 3+ yearsï¿½ experience demonstrated experience leading a successful enterprise data governance program (preferably in healthcare)
- Healthcare experience ï¿½ 3+ yearsï¿½ experience working in healthcare (preferably providers) either directly or in a consulting capacity
- Analytics experience ï¿½ 5+ yearsï¿½ experience working in analytics or in an analytically based problem-solving capacity, either directly or in a consulting capacity
- Leadership skills ï¿½ 2+ yearsï¿½ experience leading teams, preferably analytics teams
- Bachelor's degree required with related experience is required; Masterï¿½s degree with a specialty in a technical field such as data science, operations research, statistics, mathematics, or computer science is strongly preferred.
ï¿½ Bachelorï¿½s degree or equivalent experience required
ï¿½ Minimum of 8 yearsï¿½ experience required
Community / Marketing Title: Director Data Governance
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.