Director of Pulmonary Services
Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19018607
Reporting to the Vice President of Critical Care Services, the Director of Pulmonary Services provides leadership and directs the daily activities of the respiratory care department. The Director promotes a safe, and cost effective patient care environment. The Director facilitates the integration of care and service across disciplines related to respiratory care and treatment.
The position has oversight of Baylor Scott & White Medical Center ï¿½ Temple, Level I academic trauma center, and Baylor Scott & White McLane Childrenï¿½s Medical Center, Pediatric Level II trauma center.
- Establishes necessary department specific policies and procedures that support and advance department objectives and ensures department policies, procedures, and practices comply with organizational policies and procedures.
- Monitors and evaluates compliance of department/division and staff members with standards, regulations and Scott & White and department/division policies and procedures.
- Creates an environment that facilitates innovative patient care and cost-effective utilization of resources.
- Delegates authority and responsibility for respirator care and treatment according to patient needs and staff capabilities and qualifications; evaluates outcomes in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with other disciplines, including the Medical Staff in the development and measurement of standards of patient care.
- Administers organization personnel policies and procedures related to selection, orientation, training, assignment and staffing, evaluation and discipline of staff members in compliance with state and federal labor laws.
- Establishes a climate that reduces obstacles and promotes opportunities for staff members to formulate and implement own initiatives to improve personal and departmental performance.
- Identifies and provides opportunities for staff members to develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to enhance their personal and professional development and contribute to the success of the department.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new programs, short and long-range plan an annual goal to meet department objectives.
- Represents the respiratory care department and clearly communicates staff input on planning and other decision making issues.
- Develops effective programs to meet community and institutional needs and market demands.
- Provides practical leadership for implementation of processes, systems, programs, etc.
- Reviews, approves, and monitors effective salary, operating and capital budgets.
- Monitors and adjusts staff hours in accordance with patient acuity and/or productivity reports.
- Participates in education, research, and performance improvement activities to enhance and maintain personal and departmental qualifications and standards of performance
- Takes part in and promotes quality improvement and research activities.
- Actively participates in and serves on hospital or other appropriate committees.
- EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree is required, Masters Degree preferred
- EXPERIENCE: 2+ Years of experience is required; experience working in Level I or Level II Trauma Center preferred
- LICENSE: Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license is required
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Pulmonary Services
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.