Manager Sterile Processing Day Job
Location: Round Rock, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19008111
The Manager Sterile Processing is responsible for the operations, activities, and staff of sterile processing ensuring that strict and proper procedures are followed for decontamination, sterilization, and storage of supplies, equipment, and instrument/sets utilized in the Operating Room (OR).
WHAT IS EXPECTED (Essential Job Functions)
1. Manages the activities within sterile processing related to the decontamination, and sterilization of equipment and instruments and the purchasing, receiving, and distribution of surgical supply items.
2. Supervises employees which includes the responsibility for, or whose recommendations are given particular weight, for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
3. Ensures that all supplies, equipment and instruments ordered are replenished in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures that all specialty carts are cleaned, decontaminated, and restocked appropriately and correctly on a daily basis.
4. Monitors and schedules preventive maintenance of equipment according to established parameters and ensures that instruments and equipment are maintained in proper work order.
5. Works closely with or personnel, surgeons, and other departments to insure that instrumentation and set make-up is correct and proper.
6. Participates in developing communications and in-service training programs and employee orientation programs relating to product usage and/or services. Collaborates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for sterile processing.
7. Ensures established policies and procedures for blood borne pathogens and standard precautions to identify and reduce the risks of infections among patients and employees are followed. Monitors functions of staff in decontamination to meet regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate has excellent verbal and written communications skills; excellent interpersonal skills; has the ability to motivate, evaluate and supervise employees; and is proficient in the use of computers and related software applications
ï¿½ Location/Facility ï¿½ Round Rock Hospital
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
ï¿½ Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Sterile Processing
ï¿½ Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full time, Day shift
ï¿½ Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
ï¿½ Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
ï¿½ 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
ï¿½ Tuition Reimbursement
ï¿½ PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience
3+ years Experience
Certified Sterile Processing Distribution Tech (CSPDT)
Community / Marketing Title: Manager Sterile Processing Day Job
Location_formattedLocationLong: Round Rock, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.