Ultrasound Tech Clinic-Waco
Location: Waco, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19016532
The Ultrasound Clinic Technologist performs routine and complex Sonographic Imaging procedures on ambulatory patients, while in a Physician Office and/or Clinic Setting, as requested by a physician/other licensed provider, and under general supervision of a Radiologist, for the diagnosis of disease or injury in accordance with established protocols.
The Ultrasound Clinic Technologist job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Practices accepted and proper ultrasound technology techniques, including selecting the appropriate technical factors on an individual basis and understanding human anatomy well enough to consistently obtain the correct images.
- Operates all ultrasound equipment effectively in order to consistently and accurately recognize anatomical structures visualized during procedure.
- Assures operation of Ultrasound equipment by performing quality checks following manufacturer's recommendations and trouble-shooting equipment as required, calling in repairs when necessary.
- Ensures that an adequate clinical history is available to correlate with the ultrasound exam to be performed, and examines the requisition of the ultrasound thoroughly to ensure complete understanding of the desired physician study.
- Communicates effectively with patients about the ultrasound procedure in order to obtain supporting clinical information and to provide a high focus and safe customer environment.
- Ensures that images and records are properly completed in RIS and PACS with patient identification data and appropriate labeling.
- Assists in the Quality Assurance program for all Ultrasound programs for all Ultrasound equipment.
The ideal candidate for the Ultrasound Clinic Technologist will be able to demonstrate and maintain current knowledge, continued education and skills to provide appropriate care for the following age groups (specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult and geriatric.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Ultrasound
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full Time
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- Graduate of an Accredited Program or Equivalent
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers ARDMS (OB/GYN) or (AB) or (BR) or (RVT) or (MSK) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists ARRT (S) or (BS) Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Community / Marketing Title: Ultrasound Tech Clinic-Waco
Location_formattedLocationLong: Waco, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.