Mammography Tech 2
Location: Round Rock, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19015544
The Mammography Tech 2, under general supervision of a Radiologist, performs Breast Imaging procedures on ambulatory and hospital patients in a physician office, clinic, or hospital setting as requested by a physician or other licensed provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established protocols.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
The Mammography Tech 2 utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to identify service requirements, instruct /communicate with patient and their family regarding test to be performed and the patient's ability to tolerate exam. The Mammography Tech 2 will train new team members, fulfill and provide proof of continuing education, licensure, and certifications required to remain qualified for this role.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
The ideal candidate must be able to perform invasive Breast Imaging procedures, explain the procedure, administer first aid, review Press Ganey scores and develop action plans, train new team members, work independently, resolve issues, remain calm under pressure and ensure customer satisfaction is essential for the role. The ideal candidate must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge, continued education and skills appropriate for the following age groups (specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult and geriatric.
- Specialty/Department/Practice - Mammograophy
- Shift/Schedule - Full Time Days
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO accrual beginning Day 1. Please note, benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION: Graduate of an Accredited Program required
- EXPERIENCE: 3+ Years of experience required
- CERTIFCATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION: ARRT-M Mammography certification required, and ARRT-R Radiography certification required, (Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association or Military Training Network (MTN) certification required , Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT) from the State of Texas Medical Board certification required
Community / Marketing Title: Mammography Tech 2
Location_formattedLocationLong: Round Rock, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.