Trauma and Critical Care Surgeon Waco Hillcrest
Location: Waco, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19004830
Trauma and Critical Care Surgeon
Baylor Scott and White Medical Center - Hillcrest
Baylor Scott and White Medical Center - Hillcrest is seeking an outstanding Trauma / Critical Care Surgeon to join the Division of Acute Care Surgery, within the Department of Surgery at our hospital in Waco, TX.
Candidates must be BC/BE in both General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- Privileges at our ACS-verified Level II Trauma Center in Waco, TX
- Joining a team of 3 trauma surgeons (3 acute care)
- Responsible for all trauma and acute care surgery consults while on call
- 24-hour dedicated OR Suite for trauma and acute care surgery cases
- Opportunity to provide surgical critical care coverage in the 24 bed ICU
- Experience in laparoscopic surgery preferred Home call for acute care surgery is possible
- Elective general surgery practice opportunity
Please direct all inquiries, CVs, and referrals to:
Scott G. Sagraves, MD; Medical Director, Trauma Services
Central TX Division - Baylor Scott and White Health,
Teresa Washington, SHRM-CP, Physician Recruiter, Teresa.Washington1@BSWHealth.org
- Location/Facility - Baylor Scott and White Medical Center - Hillcrest in Waco, TX
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice - Critical Care/Trauma
- Shift/Schedule - Full-Time
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and time off
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar employer match
- 457(f) savings plan with employer contribution
- CME reimbursement and paid time off
- Excellent Relocation Assistance packages
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
About Waco, TX
Waco is not only brimming with Texas history, economic opportunity, and a rich variety of cultural experiences - it is also a major seat of higher learning with THREE major colleges in its city limits, including Baylor University. Waco is located on the I-35 corridor between Dallas and Austin; and offers major attractions, historic homes, recreational venues, and art organizations staging theatrical and musical productions, as well as art exhibitions. Waco is the place to stop for scores of shops and restaurants galore!
About Baylor Scott and White Health System - Central Texas
Baylor Health Care System, based in Dallas, and Scott & White Healthcare, based in Temple, Texas, have formed a new organization that combines the strengths of their two nationally recognized health systems. For an industry undergoing fundamental changes, Baylor Scott and White Health provides a new vision and more resources, offering patients continued exceptional care. Baylor Scott and White Health includes 49 hospitals, more than 900 patient care access sites, more than 6,000 affiliated physicians, 40,000 plus employees and the Scott and White health plan.
- MD/DO degree
- Fellowship training in Trauma, Surgical Critical Care or Acute Care Surgery
- Board Certification by the American Board of Surgery or Osteopathic Board Certification
- Texas Medical License
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons when qualified
- ATLS; BLS/ACLS; and PALS
- Experience with the surgical care of trauma, acute surgical, and critical care patients
Community / Marketing Title: Trauma and Critical Care Surgeon Waco Hillcrest
Location_formattedLocationLong: Waco, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.