Dental Hygienist- Part Time- Temple
Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19007139
The Dental Hygienist provides oral prophylaxis and patient education under the supervision of the Registered Nurse to aid in the delivery of patient dental care. The Dental Hygienist assists in providing patients with dental care.
The job duties of the Dental Hygienist also include, but are not limited to:
- Performs dental prophylaxis, including applying topical anesthetic, fluoride and sealant, properly and in accordance with established procedures.
- Takes impressions as directed, sterilizes instruments appropriately, manages recall reports and follow-ups and schedules recall appointments in accordance with established procedures.
- Exposes, develops and interprets radiographs accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides instructions, education and motivation to patients regarding dental nutrition and hygiene as a regular part of the exam.
- Fulfills continuing education and/or certification requirements to maintain required qualifications.
- Take responsibility to understand and complete professional and technical requirements and provide Scott & White with the necessary documentation on such requirements.
- Updates patientsâ chart and health history accordingly.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
The ideal candidate for the Dental Hygienist role will be able to consult with dentist routinely to facilitate patient examination by the dentist.
- Location/Facility â Temple, Texas
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice â Dentistry
- Shift/Schedule â Part Time
- Benefits â Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- Associateâs Degree
- Dental Hygienists License issued by the Texas Board of Dental Examiners
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Community / Marketing Title: Dental Hygienist- Part Time- Temple
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.