SCS Application Engineer SR
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19006427
The primary function of the Senior Supply Chain Application Engineer - B2B is to ensure best-in-class optimization and enhance the functional utility of Baylor Scott & White Healthâs (BSWH) Business to Business (B2B) technology systems. B2B systems encompass the following processes: CXML, EDI, Sourcing, Contracting, Supplier Management, Spend Analytics, Requisitioning, Procurement, Receiving and Accounts Payable. This position requires applying specialized knowledge, analysis and technical skills to engineer processes, make system workflow modifications and troubleshoot system errors in order to establish a cohesive B2B environment.
This position will work closely with internal departments and external suppliers to reduce friction and maximize value added activities, which include:
- Increased automation through expanded use of CXML, EDI and in-portal activities
- increased competitive bidding through the sourcing processes
- increased contracted spend by reducing time-to-contract through contract management workflow optimization
- reduced off-contract maverick spend by directing purchases to contracted products thereby achieving lower per spend category
- reduced support interventions by enabling supplier portals designed to alleviate call volume to procure to pay staff (i.e. Procurement & Accounts Payable)
- reduced product purchasing landed cost by optimizing discounts offered through early pay discounts
- increased payment discounts and rebates through direct payment transactional payment reconciliation
- increase staff productivity through various workflow automation methods involving workflow configurations, robotic process automation (RPA), natural language processing and artificial intelligence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
â Expert with Lawson ERP System including par locations, inventory management, EDI, AP invoice matching, receiving and electronic chain of custody, Lawson security
â Expert with Lawson Add-ins and query tool
â Expert with Excel & Access Database (ODBC) Relational Database Management System
â Strong understanding of SDLC and business analysis
â Problem solving system processes and strong knowledge of data flow and integration
â Strong understanding of Healthcare care delivery operations
â Working knowledge of Healthcare Supply Chain processes
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and strong customer service skills. Must be an effective problem solver, team player and have the ability to quickly learn new software and applications.
Â§ Location/Facility â Baylor Regional Medical Center at Dallas
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Â§ Specialty/Department/Practice â Supply Chain
Â§ Shift/Schedule â Full Time
Â§ Benefits â Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Ã¼ Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
Ã¼ 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
Ã¼ Tuition Reimbursement
Ã¼ PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationâs exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itâs accepting a calling!
Â§ Minimum of 5 years of experience required
Â§ Bachelorâs degree or equivalent experience required
â Bachelorâs degree and 5 years of experience
â Associateâs degree and 7 years of experience
â High School Diploma/GED and 9 years of experience
Community / Marketing Title: SCS Application Engineer SR
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.