The Supervising Nursing Administrator collaborates with management in the planning, direction, coordination and management of the daily business and administrative operations within the scope of nursing service administration. The Supervising Nursing Administrator participates in the development and Implementation of policies and procedures necessary to achieve departmental short- and long-range goals and objectives.
The Supervising Nursing Administrator is expected to (Essential Job Functions):
1. Plan and supervise the daily business and administrative operations to ensure the delivery of professional patient-centered care.
2. Participate in developing, revising and implementing departmental policies and procedures designed to accomplish departmental priorities and long-range goals. Interprets and advises subordinate personnel on Hospital policies and procedures while and ensuring adherence to Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
3. Supervise employees to include work allocation, training, scheduling, evaluation, and problem resolution. Promotes and participates in education, research, and performance improvement activities.
4. Plan, develop, and recommend annual staffing budget and assist in planning of capital equipment and expense budget.
5. Update incoming Supervisor and other relevant personnel of the condition of patients, particularly critically ill patients, staffing situations, and unusual events which occur during assigned shift.
6. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with various departmental personnel, patients' families, Physicians, and outside agencies to exchange information, resolve operational problems, and improve quality of patient care.
7. Make nursing rounds to maintain visibility, monitor activity, and serve as a resource. Provides professional nursing care to patients in response to workload or staffing shortages.
8. Prepare reports and maintain applicable records and files; maintain proper equipment and inventory levels.
The ideal candidate for the Supervising Nursing Administrator role will have knowledge of laws, rules and regulations; standards and guidelines of certifying and accrediting bodies; hospital and department/unit standards, protocols, policies and procedures governing the provision of nursing care applicable to the area of assignment.
The ideal candidate for the Supervising Nursing Administrator role will also possess the ability to provide age -specific, quality, patient-centered care to all patients through the nursing process and standards of nursing practice with sensitivity and respect for the diversity of human experience and to develop, evaluate, implement and, as necessary, modify a patient care plan to meet the needs of individual patients.
Location/Facility ï¿½ [Enter Facility Name] (i.e. Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano)
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ [Enter Spec/Dept/Prac] (i.e. Critical Care, Radiology, Family Care)
Shift/Schedule ï¿½ [Enter Shift & Schedule] (i.e. Days, Nights, PRN or Weekends; 30 hours/week_full-time_part-time)
Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH)
is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission
is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
Graduate of an Accredited Program
3+ Years Experience
Registered Nurse (RN) Certification
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Community / Marketing Title:
House Supervisor RN -Various facilities in Austin area
Round Rock, Texas US
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.