The Clinical Research Coordinator I is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, managing and reporting on multiple aspects of a multidisciplinary research program. The Clinical Research Coordinator I will use project management skills and tools to develop and implement strategies that ensure timely advancement of a proposed research program to meet intended goals and objectives while complying with all institutional, federal and state rules and regulations and funding constraints. The ideal candidate for the Clinical Research Coordinator I role will serve as participants’ recruitment team lead for multi-center studies. The coordinator will be responsible to promote such studies to potential research participants.
* Sourcing and identifying new study recruitment locations (clinics, hospitals, events) and ensuring ongoing recruitment activities are effective across multiple existing recruitment sites
* Giving short (5-15 minute) study presentations to potential participants at orientations or other small gatherings * Serves as a recruitment coordinator by training and scheduling all staff members engaged in telephone and in-person participant recruitment
* Maintains records of staff training to ensure the program meets internal and external compliance requirements
* Updates Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as required by internal/external study revisions
* Orders and maintains records of study supplies and marketing materials
* Communicates with study participants regarding upcoming study visits (both the initial and follow-up visits), provides scheduling/enrollment instructions, and acts to improve study retention rates
* Designs and implement processes and procedures to ensure advancement of the program’s strategic initiatives
* Serves as the program’s liaison with internal and external departments and personnel involved in or contributing to the program to resolve barriers to the advancement of the program’s strategic initiatives
* Fosters relationships with external entities, including academia, clinicians/physicians, and the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry; maintain current relationships and establish new relationships with entities that can contribute to the objectives of the program * Provides guidance to program team members and interacts regularly with the program team to determine resource needs, coordinate activities of operational areas and identify deliverables and target due dates
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
* Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills
* Proven leadership skills in project management, including project management tools and techniques
* Strong Computer Skills, including Microsoft office, Excel, and PowerPoint Ability to manage time sensitive projects in order to meet deadlines
* Strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
* Location/Facility – Baylor Scott & White Health
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
* Specialty/Department/Practice – Epidemiology
* Shift/Schedule – Day Shift
* Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be
one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
* Bachelor Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, applicable to position
* 2 years’ experience, required
* Research Certification and/or other Certifications per specialty area preferred