The Baylor Scott & White Health Coordinator of Transplant coordinates evaluation, admission, discharge, and post-transplant care of assigned patients and living donors. Our Coordinator of Transplant assists coordinates pre and post-transplant testing, instructs direct care personnel in principles and techniques of transplantation, and educates and counsels patients and families.
The Coordinator of Transplant will have knowledge of insurance / prescription coverage to facilitate post-transplant prescriptions, have knowledge of, and compliance with OPTN, UNOS, and other regulatory policies, and maintain transplant waitlist via various UNOS web programs. This position also requires after hour call responsibility for pre / post-transplant patients, living donors, and referring and primary care physicians.
The ideal Coordinator of Transplant will have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
* Location/Facility – Temple, TX – Baylor Scott & White Clinic
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
* Specialty/Department/Practice – Heart Transplant
* Shift/Schedule – Full-time, day shift
* Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
* Associates Degree – Registered Nurse
* BLS through American Heart Association required
* ACLS preferred
* 2 years experience
* Registered Nurse License