Under general supervision and according to established procedures, the Physician Office Rep II oversees and coordinates the daily activity of the physician office representatives, assists with patient registration and accepts payments for physician/clinic services. The Physician Office Rep II also schedules, confirms and verifies patient appointments; receives and directs phone calls, patients and other visitors; and interfaces with insurance companies and obtains insurance information from patients and enters into computer. Other duties for the role include:
* Assists with patient registration duties by collecting and verifying patient demographics and insurance information, entering changes into the system and photocopying appropriate documentation
* Accepts payments for physician/clinic services according to established guidelines. Posts payments and enters charges into computer utilizing appropriate ICS9 and CPT4 codes.
* Schedules, confirms and verifies patient appointments. Arranges follow-up visits and referral appointments. Pulls chart and prints charge ticket for daily schedule.
* Receives and directs phone calls. Assists patients and other visitors. Responds to routine inquires concerning practice services, hours of operation, etc.
* Assists with medical records duties by pulling charts for scheduled and walk-in appointments, prescription refills and other requests. Retrieves, transports, sorts and files medical record files. Checks for and files misfiled charts. May also copy medical records chart for patient transfers and referrals.
* Verifies patient insurance information by calling appropriate insurance company. Copies the patient’s insurance card for medical records. Obtains patient referral and authorization for insurance company.
* Completes lab and x-ray requisitions as needed.
* Enters hospital charges for physicians who have patients admitted to the hospital.
The ideal Physician Office Rep II candidate is someone with effective communication skills who is organized, flexible and able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Location/Facility – BSWH Surgical Oncology Specialist
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
* Specialty/Department/Practice – Oncology
* Shift/Schedule – Full-time/Day-shift
* Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
* High School Diploma
* 1+ year of experience with progressive responsibility