The Baylor Scott & White Health Insurance Specialist I, under general supervision, provides patients, physicians, and internal hospital personnel with information regarding insurance benefit information. The Insurance Specialist I ensures timely verification of insurance benefits and financial clearance when applicable for patient accounts that are scheduled and/or unscheduled. The Insurance Specialist I calculates Patient Financial Responsibility. The role collaborates with physician and facility staff. The role also documents in appropriate systems to assure correct reimbursement
The ideal candidate for the Insurance Specialist I role will be able to maintain excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette with patients, physician office and facility staff.
- Location/Facility – Baylor Scott & White Orthopedic Associates – Dallas
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice – Orthopedic
- Shift/Schedule – Days : Full-time
- Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
- H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- 1+ Years Experience