The Operating Room (OR) Nursing Manager provides leadership and management to all nursing, personnel and ancillary personnel within an assigned area or units in a clinical setting. The OR Nursing Manager manages all clinical functions and operations of the assigned area or units to include quality management, personnel management, fiscal management, management and improvement of processes.
The OR Nursing Manager duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and achieves goals that are in alignment with Baylor Scott and White Health’s goals and mission. Develops and implement processes to enhance clinic operations and practices for ongoing quality improvement. Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities to enhance the delivery of clinical care.
- Ensures that personnel demonstrate quality standards of customer satisfaction and patient care. Assures compliance with productivity standards for assigned area/units. Serves on a nursing council, hospital, or medical center committee, task force, or project team to improve patient care.
- Identifies clinical operational needs; manages appropriate level of equipment and supplies and monitors equipment maintenance. Assesses the environment and make recommendations to ensure optimal patient comfort, safety and compliance with various regulatory bodies such as OSHA, and JCAHO and clinical policies and procedures.
- Collaborates in the development, implementation and expansion of learning opportunities and skill development for all staff. Analyzes, develops and maintains an effective and efficient nursing care delivery system that reflects patient and family needs across the continuum to achieve desired outcomes.
- Participates in planning, preparing, and prioritizing of budgets for assigned areas of responsibility. Monitors compliance, investigates variances and provides plans for remediation.
The ideal candidate for the OR Nursing Manager role will possess knowledge and understanding of nursing & patient care standards and procedures. The ideal candidate for the OR Nursing Manager will also have the ability to provide age-specific, quality, patient-centered care to all patients through the nursing process and standards of nursing practice with sensitivity and respect for the diversity of human experience and be able to develop, evaluate, implement and, as necessary, modify a patient care plan to meet the needs of individual patients.
- Location/Facility – Baylor Scott and White Hospital- Brenham, TX
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice – Operating Room
- Shift/Schedule – Full Time, Day Shift
- Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote the well-being of all individuals, families and communities. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
- Bachelors of Nursing Degree
- 4+ Years Experience
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification