LVN Primary Care Clinic Job
Job ID#: 18004511
Job Family: Nursing
Job Function: Nursing
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) performs assigned nursing duties, including assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care, under the direct supervision of an RN/Physician. The LVN effectively performs and assists with delegated procedures, implements physician's orders and records observations and evaluations of patient response in a timely and detail oriented manner. The LVN will be responsible for the following:
— Reinforces patient/family teaching as delegated by the RN and clearly documents patient response in patient record.
— Accepts and documents verbal orders from the provider according to Baylor Scott & White Health Clinic guidelines.
— Clearly communicates, verbally and in writing, patient care activities and patient condition to appropriate parties.
— Provides appropriate assistance in emergency and stressful situations as needed.
— Participates in education and performance improvement activities to improve and maintain personal and departmental qualifications and standards of performance.
— Shares technical knowledge with staff/students in a supportive manner.
— Fulfills continuing education, licensure and/or certification requirements to maintain required qualifications.
Ideal LVN candidates will have excellent communication skills and a focus to deliver quality patient care.
• Location/Facility – 3108 Ranch Road 620 South, Austin, TX 78734
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
• Specialty/Department/Practice – Primary Care Clinic
• Shift/Schedule – Full Time (Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm)
• Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
• Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
• 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
• Tuition Reimbursement
• PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
• Graduate of an accredited Licensed Vocational School of Nursing is required.
• Current LVN License required.
• Basic Life Support Certificate required.
• One year work experience is preferred, but not required.