The Nurse Practitioner evaluates, plans and provides care for patients in consultation with and under direct supervision of attending Physician. The Nurse Practitioner performs clinical procedures under direction of attending Physician and according to approved protocols to include Performing appropriate medical screening and physical examinations, interpreting laboratory data correctly and ordering appropriate laboratory investigations. In addition, the Nurse Practitioner obtains medical and personal histories, performs physical exams, educates patients and families, conducts research activities reporting and publishing findings when completed.
The ideal candidate for the Nurse Practitioner role maintains effective communication with patients, staff and physicians; provides patient care in a competent, professional and courteous manner; and keeps abreast of current research and incorporates relevant findings into specific areas of clinical practice.
* Location/Facility – Baylor Scott & White Clinic Austin River Place
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
* Specialty/Department/Practice – Primary Care
* Shift/Schedule – PRN; 12 hour shifts 8AM – 8PM. Weekend shifts likely
* Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
* Valid Texas RN license required
* Valid Texas Nurse Practitioner license required
* Master’s of Science in Nursing degree required
* Two years of urgent care or primary care provider experience preferred