The Phlebotomist I collects and processes quality specimens in a safe manner as outlined in BSWH policies and procedures. The Phlebotomist I aids in the delivery of exceptional patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follows all established specimen collection, labeling, transportation, and handling procedures
2. Responsible for high customer satisfaction through professional and ethical conduct
3. Performs job responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner
4. Demonstrates engagement with achieving department goals and continuous improvement
5. Performs clerical duties
The ideal candidate has the knowledge and ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures in accordance with regulations; has analytical and critical thinking abilities; has the ability to comprehend and communicate instructions; can multitask; has the ability to use computers and related software applications; has knowledge of safety and infection control; standards and has the ability to work collaboratively with others.
* Location/Facility – Temple, TX
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
* Specialty/Department/Practice – outreach phlebotomy
* Shift/Schedule – Part time, days
* Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
* High School Diploma/GED Equivalent