The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) PRN is a licensed registered nurse with advanced specialized training in the administration of anesthesia. The CRNA administers, monitors, and adjusts anesthetic doses to individual patients, from neonatal through geriatrics, during surgery and other procedures as follows:
* Selects and administers anesthetic techniques, medications, and adjunctive drugs according to accepted departmental guidelines.
* Identifies and manages emergency situations according to departmental policies and procedures.
* Induces and maintains general anesthesia at required and safe levels, using techniques prescribed by the assigned staff anesthesiologist or techniques customarily used within the department.
* Performs basic perioperative diagnosis testing and documentation to the anesthetic record.
* Closely supports and monitors life functions. In the case of adverse response to any drug, takes corrective action and seeks consultation from the senior Staff Anesthesiologist in a timely fashion.
* Terminates anesthesia in a timely fashion, ensuring patient safety to post-anesthetic recovery room.
* Informs the Recovery Room Anesthesiologist and assigned Staff Anesthesiologist of any complications.
The ideal CRNA PRN candidate is able to work a flexible schedule, is certified to practice in the state of Texas and is adept at administering anesthesia using a variety of techniques and equipment; and communicating effectively with clinical staff and physicians.
* Location/Facility – Scott & White Medical Center Temple, Texas
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
* Specialty/Department/Practice – Anesthesiology
* Shift/Schedule – PRN schedule
* Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
* Valid Advanced Practice RN (APRN) license required
* BCLS required