The Specialty Nurse Practitioner evaluates, plans and provides care for patients in consultation with and under direct supervision of attending Physician. The Specialty Nurse Practitioner performs clinical procedures under direction of attending Physician and according to approved protocols, and also initiates and changes patient care based on condition of patient and approval of Physician. In addition, the Specialty Nurse Practitioner obtains medical and personal histories, performs physical exams, educates patients and families, conducts research activities and may develop and maintain an active practice in facilities, where applicable. Work settings can vary from coordination of care for home-based disabled patients, frail home-bound older adults, vulnerable medical and surgical patients recently discharge, as well as care coordination for patients receiving care for both in-patient and outpatient health care services.
The ideal candidate for the Specialty Nurse Practitioner role maintains effective communication with patients, staff and physicians; provides patient care in a competent, professional and courteous manner; and keeps abreast of current research and incorporates relevant findings into specific areas of clinical practice.
* Location/Facility – Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
* Specialty/Department/Practice – Colorectal and General Surgery
* Shift/Schedule – Full Time, Clinic Based Role
* Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
* Valid Texas RN license required
* Valid Texas Nurse Practitioner license required
* Master’s of Science in Nursing degree required
* 2+ years of experience preferred
* DEA License Required