RN Care Manager - BSN - DALLAS FT
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19011318
The RN Care Manager serves with responsibility for assessing and coordinating patient care across the continuum utilizing accepted criteria and guidelines to manage benefits and determine medical necessity of services provided. The RN Care Manager functions as a clinician, case manager, and educator to achieve optimal clinical and quality outcomes by effectively managing care and resources to reduce unnecessary utilization.
- Assesses plans, implements, documents, coordinates, monitors, evaluates, and updates the plan of care by collaborating with all members of the health care team to provide evidenced based care
- Establishes patient care management plans, interventions, treatment goals, and self-management goals
- Assesses the health care, educational, psychosocial needs of the patient/family
- Assists patients with self-management through education, visits and telephonic engagement; encourages and supports patient adherence to their care plans
- Researches, evaluates and recommends resources to meet medical and non-medical needs of patients and families. Collaborates, refers, and communicates across all programs to ensure appropriate coordination of services
- Researches and takes an active role in identifying problems and possible solutions in the coordination of care to determine most appropriate setting
- Acts as liaison to hospital, long-term care, specialists and home health representatives
The ideal candidate for the RN Care Manager will have knowledge of care management and resource/utilization management and have the ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external medical staff and external partners and organizations.
- Location/Facility ï¿½ Dallas, TX - BUMC
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Case Management
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ FT Monday - Friday
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote the well-being of all individuals, families and communities. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
ï¿½ Bachelorï¿½s degree
ï¿½ 2 years of experience
ï¿½ Registered Nurse
ï¿½ TX Driverï¿½s License
ï¿½ [Enter other preferred qualifications based upon job description or manager intake session.]
Community / Marketing Title: RN Care Manager - BSN - DALLAS FT
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.