Baylor Scott & White Medical Center-McKinney is a fully-accredited not-for-profit hospital with 143 beds. Its services include cancer treatment, emergency care, heart and vascular services, orthopedics, primary care and womenï¿½s services.
Reporting to the Corporate Vice President of Laboratory Services, the Director of Laboratory Services at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - McKinney is responsible for the administrative operation of the laboratory, the administration of the departmental budget, and the maintenance of effective physician and intradepartmental relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, coordinate, and direct the day-to-day activities of the Department of Pathology to ensure efficient, effective and economical utilization of space, personnel, and other laboratory resources.
- Consult with Chief Pathologist to plan and develop objectives and goals for the department.
- Coordinate all purchases of supplies, minor/capital equipment, invoice payment to laboratory services.
- Direct laboratory business practices to ensure efficient and accurate patient/institutional fees and coding.
- Establish and ensure compliance with all accrediting and regulatory standards, i.e. JCAHO, CAP, FDA, CMS, OSHA, and other agencies/organizations.
- Participate, promote, and provide educational and professional activities.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with laboratory personnel, pathologists, medical staff, other departments, other hospitals/laboratories, VHA, and vendors.
- Facilitate and support approved projects and initiatives, i.e., information system planning/implementation, productivity, efficiency, and quality improvement efforts.
- Produce laboratory financial and statistical reports, i.e., monthly responsibility reports, laboratory charges reports, and revenue reports.
- Serve on committees and improvement teams to coordinate activities as they relate to pathology, i.e., diagnostic services, medical review, and quality assurance.
- Consult and collaborate with other laboratory directors to achieve clinical integration, standardization, compliance, and to capture advantage due to economies of scale.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- Bachelorï¿½s Degree required; Master's degree strongly preferred.
- 5 years experience
- Registered/Certified in a Laboratory Services field
Community / Marketing Title:
Laboratory Administrative Director
Mckinney, Texas US
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.