Medical Staff Coordinator
Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19016032
The Medical Staff Coordinator coordinates the activities of Medical Staff Services in assisting the Medical Staff to perform the functions required in Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, JCAHO standards and all other accreditation and licensing agencies. The Medical Staff Coordinator communicates effectively with members of the Medical Staff, other medical professionals, hospital staff, legal counsel, and community contacts. The Medical Staff Coordinator monitors the focused professional practice evaluation process for new medical staff members and for newly granted clinical privileges.
The job duties of the Medical Staff Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing new programs, as indicated, to effectively meet the needs of the Medical Staff.
- Assisting the Medical Staff with annual review of Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations.
- Diligently monitoring credentialing function to ensure compliance with Bylaws, State and Federal regulations.
- Attending Credentials Committee and Executive Committee meetings of the Medical Staff and records minutes of the proceedings.
- Maintaining confidential credentials files, electronic medical staff database, and medical staff correspondence.
The ideal candidate for the Medical Staff Coordinator will be able to exhibit a high degree of responsibility for confidential matters and show a commitment to continuous learning and keeping abreast in the Medical Staff Services industry.
- Location/Facility ï¿½ [Enter Facility Name] (i.e. Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano)
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ [Enter Spec/Dept/Prac] (i.e. Critical Care, Radiology, Family Care)
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ [Enter Shift & Schedule] (i.e. Days, Nights, PRN or Weekends; 30 hours/week_full-time_part-time)
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote the well-being of all individuals, families and communities. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
- H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- 3+ Years Experience
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Staff Coordinator
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.