Director Practice Optimization
Location: Round Rock, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19016013
JOB SUMMARY: The Access Services is responsible for overall management of the Access Services Department within the individual Hospital entities. This includes the coordination of all functions related to patient access in the Hospital and Ancillary facilities. These functions include Scheduling, Insurance Verification and Precertification, Patient Financial Management, Admitting, Discharge, Customer Service and Cashiering.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (Essential Functions):
1. Responsible for the planning and implementation of functional area-based system applications, developing work teams, delegating tasks, coordinating unit or departmental projects, workflow, training, development of staff, and managing the department budget.
2. Responsible for interviewing, selecting, and ongoing development and evaluation of individuals within scope of responsibility. Utilize Core Values as the basis for management, making them a part of recruitment, orientation, and training for employees. This includes but is not limited to fostering individual motivation, teamwork and high levels of performance. In addition, is responsible for coaching and counseling of employees. Serves as a change agent, coach, mentor, team builder, and facilitator. Leads by example.
3. Oversees the major functions of the Admitting, Financial Services, Cashiering and Scheduling areas to include: Assessment and mitigation of financial risk associated with each patient, determination and documentation of BSWH charity eligibility, collection and distribution of demographic and financial patient data, point of service collections, scheduling, customer service, cashiering and other activities as determined by leadership.
4. Where applicable maintains and monitors web based or portal registration systems and ensures all transactions are processed timely and accurately.
5. Serves as a subject matter expert in the requirements, rules and regulations of third party payers, Medicare, Medicaid, and governmental programs.
6. Demonstrated understanding of Utilization Management as it relates to continuum of care for inpatients. Ability to communicate and work with physicians, physician office personnel, associates, case managers, third party payer review personnel, and others in order to expedite the utilization review process to avoid negative financial impact on the facility.
7. Responsible for meaningful reporting on progress towards the achievement of goals and/or the resolution of department issues that may surface from time to time.
8. Meets on a regular basis with leadership team to develop and implement standardization of processes, the attainment of performance targets, appropriate staffing levels and financial performance including but not limited to up-front collections, denial management, and bad debt reduction initiatives.
9. Participates in activities outside the department such as committee assignments.
10. Where applicable the Access Services Director serves as the liaison between the Central Access Services Department and the site. Serves as a key promoter of the Central Access Services department which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers. Also manages cashiering and financial counseling functions. Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
1. Registration regulatory requirements in the hospital and clinic environments. Skills need to include knowledge of hospital operations, revenue cycle services and CMS regulations. Working knowledge of hospital systems utilized in revenue cycle functions including registration.
2. Working knowledge of medical terminology.
3. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships. Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally; courtesy; initiative; resourcefulness.
Location: Supporting Clinics in the Temple Region
3+ years Experience
Community / Marketing Title: Director Practice Optimization
Location_formattedLocationLong: Round Rock, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.