RN Quality Program Coordinator (Dallas)
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19017517
The Quality Program Coordinator provides leadership, manages quality assurance activities and monitors processes and regulatory compliance to maintain best care practices at a facility level. The Coordinator plans and executes strategies to remedy current and anticipated quality issues. The Coordinator regularly reports to top management regarding compliance performance and remedial needs and is able to make independent decisions requiring judgment by using general guidelines provided by leadership. Essential functions of the role include:
- Coordinates with organizations to develop and execute plans to resolve quality issues. Trains and educates organizations in quality improvement techniques and tools such as continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Midas+. Coordinates quality activities and monitors processes to ensure compliance with all regulations and standards related to performance improvement, patient safety, risk management.
- Formulates and disseminates policies and manuals detailing quality maintenance techniques and procedures.
- Maintains communication with regulatory and accreditation agencies to remain abreast of requirements, deadlines, anticipated changes.
- Serves as liaison to external agencies such as FDA, FAHCT, JCAHO, Medicare and other department-specific agencies as applicable for audits, inspections and surveys.
- Assumes management responsibilities and duties of absent or vacant appropriate-level Health Care Improvement positions.
- Provides leadership and supervision not limited to quality assurance staff to assure fulfillment of department goals.
- Serves as a consultant in the implementation or revision of best care practices and demonstrates the ability to coach, mentor, teach adults, lead and facilitate teams.
- Uses project management and interpersonal skills to mobilize appropriate staff to comply with Quality Plan and other regulatory standards.
- Prepares and manages statistical data through the extraction of relevant material as related to cores measures best care initiatives, reliability audits, investigations/inspections, patients and other information as required by the department. The collection or tracking of information may include, but is not limited to: HPC, CFR, FDA, FAHCT, JCAHO
The ideal candidate for the Quality Program Coordinator role is able to read and interpret complex statutes and regulations and apply knowledge to manage exposure to compliance risk. The ability to review policy and procedure documents and assess impact on quality of care, and develop and execute plans to remedy current and anticipated quality issues are integral to the role. The ideal candidate must be able to manage inspections, surveys and audits and provide appropriate responses. The knowledge of regulatory audit, inspection and survey processes, and ability to consult and instruct on matters relating to quality initiatives and regulatory requirements are required for the role.
- Location/Facility ï¿½ Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance
For more information on the facility, please click on https://www.bswhealth.com/qualityalliance
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Quality
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full Time
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- 3+ years of experience required
- Bachelorï¿½s degree or equivalent experience required
Community / Marketing Title: RN Quality Program Coordinator (Dallas)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.