Registered RespiratoryThrpst PRN Night Tier I-McKinney
Location: Mckinney, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19018620
The Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN Tier I performs and directs the administration of respiratory care services (including but not limited to oxygen therapy, aerosol therapy, inhaled medication, airway clearance, invasive and non-invasive ventilation and bedside spirometry), as ordered by a patients attending physician, in a quality manner that is in accordance with established procedures. Administers cardiopulmonary resuscitation in emergency situations.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
1. Reviews physicianï¿½s orders, analyzes patientï¿½s diagnostic test results and provides appropriate therapy based on the patients current clinical condition. If appropriate, implements approved protocols as directed by physician.
2. Performs routine and advanced respiratory therapy; prioritizing patient needs in a rapidly changing environment.
3. Instructs patient in the use of various respiratory care equipment in a thorough and professional manner. Assesses patient response to therapy and coaches the patient to improve technique.
4. Documents all treatments and therapies given, any supplies used, and accurately files all corresponding charges. Reports outcomes of therapeutic interventions and makes recommendations as appropriate.
5. Adheres to established policies within the BSWH system including but not limited to: infection control and isolation policies, HIPPA, time and attendance, and social media.
6. Works willingly and professionally with other employees, healthcare professionals, and students.
7. Takes responsibility and initiative to understand and complete any professional or technical requirements set by Baylor Scott and White leadership.
8. Incorporates principles of continual quality improvement in all of aspects of clinical care, identifying opportunities as appropriate.
9. Maintain knowledge of current RT practice and current healthcare information. Fulfills and maintains continuing educations requirements as deemed by the State of Texas Health and Human Services.
Tier 1 Requirements:
1. Work at one hospital a minimum of 2 shifts per month.
2. Provide availability to work a minimum of 2 holidays per calendar year.
The ideal candidate has a general understanding of Respiratory Care modalities, therapies and medications; acquires and maintains required certifications; must be able to read, write and follow flow chart protocols as appropriate; general knowledge of computers including but not limited to: typing, electronic documentation, hand held scanner and email; must be able to work under stressful conditions; must have critical thinking and problem solving skills; and demonstrates ability to assemble complex equipment and perform tasks, which require fine motor skills.
ï¿½ Location/Facility ï¿½McKinney
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
ï¿½ Shift/Schedule-PRN Night- 7p to 7a
ï¿½ Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
ï¿½ Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
ï¿½ 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
ï¿½ Tuition Reimbursement
ï¿½ PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
ï¿½ Associates or Graduate from an accredited program
ï¿½ No experience required
ï¿½ Licensed by the State of Texas Medical Board as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP)
ï¿½ Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National Board Respiratory Care
Community / Marketing Title: Registered RespiratoryThrpst PRN Night Tier I-McKinney
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mckinney, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.