Assistant Director of Clinic Operations - College Station
Location: College Station, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19018457
The Assistant Director of Clinic Operations plans, organizes, develops and manages the overall operations of a division. This includes financial responsibility, facility management, staffing, and building relationships with other departments. The Assistant Director of Clinic Operations has responsibility for managing staff, budget, physician relations, facilities resourcing, compliance activities, operations planning, process improvement and inter-department relations; and executing short term and mid-range plans.
The Assistant Director of Clinic Operations position is a Band II Level II manager in the progression of clinic management titles from supervisor through Director. To qualify for this level of management, four of the following seven criteria must be met:
- Responsible for the direct supervision of 10FTEs or more
- Geographic dispersion of clinics
- Budget over 3 million dollar threshold (operating expenses)
- Responsible for 3 or more different specialties (full time provider FTEs)
- Highest level of certification or academic requirements
- Responsibility for non-clinic functions such as Research, Education, Residency, Regulatory Compliance,
- Responsible for 8 or more FTE practicing providers
There can be no more than three levels of management in any organizational structure. The Bands and Levels provide enough flexibility to accommodate a variety of clinics and organizational designs that support efficient, cost effective delivery of patient care services.
The Assistant Director of Clinic Operations job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Hiring employees based on their skills and fit for the jobs, trains and develops subordinates, and evaluates their performance against standards established.
- Initiates actions to improve employee satisfaction and engagement and recognizes significant accomplishments.
- Creates and manages budgets for the Departments supervised maximizing return on investment of staff and use of facilities. Routinely reports on progress against goal, adjusting resources and services to meet requirements for the business.
- Proposes upgrades to staff and facilities as needed and retools resources as appropriate.
- Serves as an advocate for physician and patient concerns and routinely solves problems to address recurring and incidental issues, accelerating interventions and applying additional resources as needed.
- Sets an atmosphere supportive of positive employee and physician relations and provides opportunities to grow team orientation.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves operational problems as they arise and implements systems and solutions to prevent recurring issues as identified by patients who frequent the clinics.
- Creates workflows and standards for employees that support operational excellence and compliance with JCAHO standards. Promotes changes to improve revenue cycle operations as it applies to the clinic.
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Director of Clinic Operations role must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and basic keyboard/computer skills. The ideal candidate for the Assistant Director of Clinic Operations role must also have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle difficult people and difficult situations.
- Location/Facility ï¿½ Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - College Station
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Clinic Operations
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full Time, Days
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote the well-being of all individuals, families and communities. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
4+ Years of Experience
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Director of Clinic Operations - College Station
Location_formattedLocationLong: College Station, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.