Medication Access Specialist
Location: Greenville, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19018652
The Medication Access Specialist coordinates with providers and local pharmacies in the area to assist in the technical aspects of the distribution of medication refills and related functions for improving patient care. The position will have direction from clinic physician leadership protocols and direct reporting to the Medication Access Supervisor in the Contact Center.
Work as a patient liaison between the pharmacy and the clinic providers.
Receive and process all requests for medication refills by fax, phone, person to person and by electronic format; work with physicians to ensure refill protocols are in place.
Correspond with insurance companies regarding prior authorizations for medications.
Maintain confidentiality of all patient information.
The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service skills, be skilled in researching and finding resolutions to problems, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and have the ability to type 35+ WPM. (CPht) Certification from the PTCB is preferred.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Family Medicine: Rx Refill Contact Center
Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full Time, Monday-Friday 8a-5p
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent is required
- 1+ years' Experience is required
- Pharmacy Technician Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP) license is required
Community / Marketing Title: Medication Access Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Greenville, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.