Manager of Respiratory Therapy - FT - WACO- RELOCATION
Location: Waco, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19019630
The Manager Respiratory Therapy is responsible and accountable for all activities surrounding the operations of the respiratory care department on a 24-hour basis. This includes leadership, guidance and direction of personnel achieving optimum teamwork, assurance of quality patient care and effective operation of the department from both an organizational and economic perspective. Performs evaluations of staff and overall program. The Manager Respiratory Therapy serves as the liaison between staff and senior leadership.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
1. Directs workflow, productivity and discipline of department. Develops staff with a focus on competency and professional growth.
2. Utilizes behavioral interviewing techniques and objectives and a review of previous work history to evaluate candidates for employment. Ensures individualized unit orientation in staff development plans.
3. Provides performance feedback to the staff on a frequent basis that encourages positive change. Implements retention strategies.
4. Involves the staff and creates action plans to continuously improve quality of care and customer satisfaction.
5. Provides support to physicians and other members of the healthcare team. Participates in activities to improve physician satisfaction with services.
6. Clearly communicates departmental goals and objectives that ensure care is provided and continuously improved. Communicates mission, vision and values. Leads staff meetings, and communicates important aspects of department operations.
7. Monitors and evaluates department success indicators such as patient outcomes, quality improvement indicators and other objective data markers. Guides and leads team to improve processes as appropriate.
8. Monitors patient charges for accuracy.
9. Meets or exceeds budgeted operating margin as well as man hour/stat and supply expense.
10. Assumes charge therapist role as necessary.
The ideal candidate demonstrates an ability to develop staff that focuses on competency and professional growth; demonstrates leadership skills that motivate and influence a high level of performance; has strong verbal and written communications skills; has strong computer skills including: payroll, email, Microsoft office, and electronic medical record; demonstrates collaboration and negotiation skills; has the ability to balance multiple demands and respond to time constraints; and advanced knowledge of respiratory therapy, disease processes, equipment and modalities.
ï¿½ Location/Facility ï¿½ Waco, TX
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
ï¿½ Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Respiratory
ï¿½ Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full Time
ï¿½ Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
ï¿½ Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
ï¿½ 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
ï¿½ Tuition Reimbursement
ï¿½ PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
ï¿½ Associateï¿½s Degree
ï¿½ 3+ years experience
ï¿½ Licensed by the State of Texas Medical Board as a Respiratory Care Practitioner
ï¿½ Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National Board Respiratory Care.
-NICU experience is preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager of Respiratory Therapy - FT - WACO- RELOCATION
Location_formattedLocationLong: Waco, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.