$5000k Sign On Bonus Certified Surgical Technologist - Mckinney (Weekend Day Shift)
Location: Mckinney, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19019838
The Certified Surgical Technician works under the supervision of a surgeon to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure are conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
Below are the essential functions for the role.
- Set up Operating Room according to surgical procedure, schedules and arranges sterile set up of instrument table supplies and equipment required for specific procedure; ensure the cleaning and decontamination of surgical instruments.
Prepare operative site by aseptically cleaning and shaving as necessary, and assists surgical team with draping and positioning the patient.
Clean the Operating Room following each case by removing drapes, replacing hamper bags, trash bags, and disposing of used supplies, cleaning and returning equipment to appropriate storage areas; order supplies and maintain inventory of clean and sterilized surgical equipment, instruments, and supplies in accordance with Baylor Scott and White Health policies, procedures and regulatory standards.
Document equipment use and cart supplies; maintain applicable records and files.
Follow infection control policies, AORN recommendation practices, OSHA guidelines, and other regulatory requirements in order to assure a safe work environment for self, coworkers, and patients.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of infection prevention, regulatory sterilization standard, the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique, human anatomy, surgical procedures, implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures is essential for the role. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Location/Facility ï¿½ Baylor Medical Center of Mckinney, TX
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Surgery
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Sat, Sunday and Monday 630am-7p Shift)
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- Graduate of an Accredited Program required
- Certified Surgical Technologist required
- Basic Life Support Certification required within 90 days of hire
Community / Marketing Title: $5000k Sign On Bonus Certified Surgical Technologist - Mckinney (Weekend Day Shift)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mckinney, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.