Pulmonary Tech - FT - DAYS - Temple
Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19019956
The Pulmonary Technician performs various types of pulmonary function testing and analysis of arterial blood gases and provides leadership for non-certified technicians performing physician delegated diagnostic tests.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
The Pulmonary Technician ensures calibration within standard deviation of equipment specifications and runs controls on blood gas analyzers in compliance with State and Federal regulations. The Pulmonary Technician participates in education, acts as a technical resource to the hospital and clinic and demonstrates equipment and testing procedures to in-house staff, medical students, clinic and hospital personnel, and any outside medical personnel upon request from the laboratory supervisor.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
The ideal candidate must have one or two years of college training in pulmonary/respiratory functions.
-Location - Temple, TX
- Specialty/Department/Practice - Pulmonary
- Shift/Schedule - Full Time- Week Days 8-5 pm
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO accrual beginning Day 1. Please note, benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION: H.S. Diploma/GED or equivalent experience is required
- EXPERIENCE: 2-3 Years of experience is required
- CERTIFCATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN) is required
Must Have ONE of the Following:
Certified Pulmonary Function Technician (CPFT) or Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) certification is required
Community / Marketing Title: Pulmonary Tech - FT - DAYS - Temple
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.