Manager Nursing Cath Lab
Location: Waco, Texas US
Requisition Number: 19020221
Baylor Scott and White Medical Center- Hillcrest ï¿½ Magnet Recognitionï¿½ (ANCC)
As a magnet recognized hospital we set the standard of excellence in patient care, nursing excellence, and innovation in professional nursing practice. Apply online today to learn more!
The Manager of Nursing Cath Lab RN is responsible for creating and sustaining a healthy work environment for staff, which fosters excellent professional nursing practice, shared decision-making, inter-professional teamwork and collaboration resulting in positive patient and staff outcomes. The Manager supervises all nursing and unit-based personnel in the department in order to provide a safe, caring environment for patient/family and staff. The Manager plans, develops, implements, evaluates and monitors policies/procedures, budgets, the allocation of resources, continuous quality improvement initiatives, educational programs and shared governance/shared leadership councils to achieve departmental and organizational goals and objectives. The Manager provides nursing care when necessary for age-specific patient population.
- Communicate new/revised protocols, policies, procedures, guidelines and standards to staff in a timely manner.
- Analyze and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice based on nursing-sensitive, human resources (HR), Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Joint Commission (JC), Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), National Patient Safety Goals, National Quality Forum (NQF) and other national benchmarks.
- Analyze patterns and trends from departmental patient care conferences, inter-professional rounds, outcome data and implement changes to ensure best caring practices, and outcomes for patients/families and staff.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate departmental succession plan.
- Ensure the provision of a comprehensive onboarding/orientation program for newly- hired staff and the development of awareness by nursing staff, medical staff and other health care providers, of issues arising from individual differences.
- Collaborate with inter-professional team to balance technology with values that emphasize quality of life, consumer choice, risk-benefit decisions, access and integrity of human life.
- Promote health care at local, state, national and international levels.
- Develop, implement and evaluate appropriate, cost- effective education programs for staff, patient/family and community.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½Cath Lab
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full-Time; On call requirements
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
o Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
o 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
o Tuition Reimbursement
o PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- Bachelor of Nursing degree (BN) required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- 4+ Yearsï¿½ experience required
Community / Marketing Title: Manager Nursing Cath Lab
Location_formattedLocationLong: Waco, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.