Clinical Pharmacist 7-7 Nights (Temple)
Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20000039
The Clinical Pharmacist 7-7 for Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH) provides pharmaceutical care to patients. He / She compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceuticals in accordance with federal, state and local regulations and hospital policy.
In addition, the Clinical Pharmacist 7-7 for BSWH has the following responsibilities:
- Serves as a resource to other healthcare professionals including pharmacy students and residents.
- Consults with Nursing, Medical Staff and patients regarding medications, orders, drug and pharmaceutical detail, patient reactions, errors and complaints and/or the patients' caregivers.
- May have responsibility for the assessment, treatment and/or care of neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
- Supervises and monitors the non-professional duties of technicians including the organization of daily.
- Dispenses medications
- Compounds and dispenses medications based on organizational and regulatory guidelines
- Selects ingredients for medications and determines pharmaceutical, chemical, physical or physiological incompatibilities
- Consults with patients and/or patient caregivers
- Ensures that patient care meets standards of safety, effectiveness, patient rights and customer service as related to pharmaceutical care
- Assists medical staff in optimizing drug therapy on rounding or non-rounding services Prescribes and adjusts medications per approved protocols
- Acts as a consult/educator to Nursing and Medical Staff concerning pharmaceutical care of patients
- Consults/educates patients concerning possible medications including alternative sources of drug therapy
- Assesses physicians' medication orders with respect to the overall patient therapy to evaluate: known allergies; rational therapy-contraindications; reasonable dose and route of administration; reasonable directions for use; duplication of therapy; drug to drug interactions; drug-food interactions; drug disease interactions; adverse drug reactions; proper utilization, including over utilization or under utilization, and use clinical laboratory or clinical monitoring methods to monitor and evaluate drug effectiveness, side effects, toxicity, or adverse effects, and appropriateness to continue use of the drug in its current regimen.
- (Inpatient only)Supervises and monitors the non-professional duties of technicians including the organization of daily duties in dispensing, IVs or patients care function, and the use of support personnel in the most cost effective manner in view of the overall department work flow
- Monitors and reviews the work of technician staff to ensure compliance with all professional standards and departmental policies and procedures
- Assists all supportive personnel as time allows and as requested, responding to changing workloads as necessary to use time in the most effective manner
- Regularly accepts additional work during period of low patient activity, coordinates projects, and consistently demonstrates a willingness to help on work that needs to be completed
- Reports any incomplete assignments to ensure continuity of operational tasks and completion of work left incomplete by previous shift
- Assists in inventory, purchasing and quality control of drugs and products and ensures proper charging-crediting of pharmacy product accounts
- Attends to the inventory of pharmacy stock on a regular basis interacting with pharmacy purchase technician as required to maintain an inventory level that is adequate for patient needs
- Consistently watches over inventory to ensure that drugs which are outdated and/or have lost potency are removed from stock and recorded properly
- Regularly conducts nursing station inspections to ensure proper storage and expiration monitoring
- Consistently maintains inventory and records on narcotics and other drugs as required by law
- Serves as representative for the pharmacy on hospital or clinic committee meetings (as requested by director, division director, or VP)
The ideal candidate will represent Baylor Scott and White Health with high moral standards and a great sense of pride.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Inpatient Pharmacy
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ 7on/7off- Nights
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or PharmD
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Pharmacist 7-7 Nights (Temple)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.