Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20000543
- Assists technical staff with the Installation and service of diagnostic and therapeutic medical equipment in periods of high demand by using manufacturer service manuals and schematic diagrams. Responsible for ordering repair parts and ensuring adequate levels of spare parts for medical equipment service. Performs scheduled inspections on medical devices and systems as assigned, using specialized test equipment, tools, and simulation devices. Documents all actions and test results according to department policy, using computerized maintenance management software applications and other standard office software applications. Performs rounds in assigned areas to access how equipment is being utilized, and to answer any operational questions from equipment users. Keeps equipment users informed as to the status of repairs.
- Coordinates and participates in special projects as assigned, such as new equipment acquisition purchase planning; development of bid specifications; analysis of vendor proposals; installation planning; acceptance testing; renovations; equipment upgrades; and equipment disposal.
- Develops preventive maintenance schedules and guidelines and trains all Technical Staff on proper testing and other procedures to be followed when performing scheduled maintenance on devices maintained by Biomedical Technology Services.
- Performs incident investigation and equipment performance analysis as required in response to notification of patient or employee injuries related to patient care equipment use, assisting with the compliance requirements of the Safe Medical Device Act.
- Develops patient care equipment safety and device specific in-service programs for presentation to the Clinical Staff throughout all locations in the Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH). Performs in-service education to patient care equipment users at all locations in BSWH, including all shifts, on an as-needed basis.
- Works with clinical staff to develop, and/or review, emergency and safety related plans related to the used and operation of critical patient care equipment.
- Reviews patient care equipment safety alerts and recall notices and takes appropriate actions to ensure the affected equipment is tested and/or removed from service, where appropriate.
- Develops evaluation criteria to be used in comparing patient care equipment and devices under consideration for purchase.
- Participates in and/or assists with the development of departmental and hospital-based continuous quality improvement initiatives. Maximizes patient safety by supporting the proper use, application and operational performance of patient care equipment.
- Attends routine and special meetings, such as Environment of Care, construction status, equipment pre-purchase evaluation and implementation.
- Location/Facility ï¿½ Baylor Scott & White Corporate Office ï¿½ Dallas, Texas
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Biomed ï¿½ Clinical Engineer
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full Time ; Day Shift (8:00am-5:00pm)
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
8-10 years experience required
Bachelors Degree - Biomedical Engineering
8-10 years experience
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.