Location: Temple, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20000608
- Initiate and perform effective documentation of the patients chief complaint, history of present illness, medical history, review of systems, and all pertinent ocular findings accurately and in accordance with compliance guidelines.
- Perform testing to include visual acuity measurement, lensometry, testing pupil function, ocular motility, tonometry, confrontation visual field testing, and other patient services as requested by the ophthalmologist.
- Refractometry; Manual Manifest Refraction to draft preliminary glasses prescription
- Assist with minor surgery procedures, intraocular injections, and laser treatments in exam room or treatment room, including prepping patients for sterile procedures. Educate patients regarding administration of medications, and pre- and post-operative instructions as directed by physician.
- Appropriately handle specimens, biopsies, and culture materials.
- Properly administer topical ophthalmic and oral medications at the direction of a physician.
- Perform various specialty testing ordered by physician Ex. (Pachymetry, Glare testing [BAT], Potential Acuity Meter [PAM], Color vision testing).
- Open and close exam lanes daily ensuring that equipment is cleaned and disinfected in an appropriate manner, battery powered instruments are seated properly in recharge wells; slit lamps and projectors are switched off and under covers.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Ophthalmology
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full Time
- Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
H.S. School Diploma/GED equivalent required
Community / Marketing Title: Ophthalmic Assistant
Location_formattedLocationLong: Temple, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.