Oracle Database Administrator III
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 20000657
The Database Administrator III performs duties and specializes in areas well above the core competencies of a Database Administrator II. This position is responsible for the most complex database systems, requires minimal or no assistance, mentors other team members, designs, develops, installs, and maintains the database environment. In addition to databases, the Database Administrator III works well with customers and other stakeholders (Applications, Storage, Servers, Network, etc).
WHAT IS EXPECTED (Essential Functions):
- Provides leadership and mentoring for the Oracle Database Administrator I, II positions including the understanding of BSWH policies, procedures and standards, all areas of database administration, database design, implementations, updates, maintenance, support, documentation reporting, research and development for systems of medium complexity.
- Provides expertise in database system design and implementation including but not limited to database file layout (ASM), database architecture, disaster recovery and high availability technologies (RAC, Dataguard), analyzing and developing database solutions based on project requirements, database security, performance tuning and software installations and configurations for systems of medium complexity.
- Install, monitor, maintain and performance tune complex, multi-platform production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability; partner with vendors and service providers to ensure compliance with defined metrics and Service Level Agreements; respond to and resolve database issues (i.e. access, performance).
- Deep knowledge of Oracle Cloud Control (formerly Oracle Enterprise Manager).
- Working knowledge of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
- Working knowledge of Oracle Exadata Engineered database management systems.
- Experience with performance analysis and tuning with large multi-terabyte databases.
- Considered an expert in four or more areas including but not limited to HA/DR, Replication, Performance Tuning, Security, Internal Database Architecture, Scripting and has applicable certifications. Other specialties as defined by manager
- Plan and Implement migration across platforms, upgrade Oracle databases regularly and responsible for applying patches on an ongoing basis.
- Implements third party or develops new database analysis support tools to analyze database performance and recommends tuning changes to enhance performance. Requires knowledge of high availability, disaster recovery, database architecture and performance tuning.
- Review PL/SQL and Stored Procedures and assist Developer teams with Industry ï¿½Best Practicesï¿½.
- Plan and implement a backup and recovery of Oracle databases using RMAN and other tools writing to tape.
- Participate in oncall rotation and be available 24x7 during oncall rotation.
- Adept at communicating complex concepts to diverse audiences with varying skills sets.
- Experience with different flavors of UNIX operating system specifically AIX and Linux and large-scale virtualization.
- Strong knowledge of Shell scripting and programming.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines, both independently and as a team member.
- Monitors work progress, informing team leaders, team manager and/or customers of project status, problems or obstacles and workload problems in a timely manner with occasional supervision. Provides timely and accurate status reports with no supervision. Enters work time in an appropriate and timely manner into applicable system with occasional supervision.
- Creates and maintains system reports such as uptime, utilization and growth.
- Possess the relationship skills, cultural awareness, and organizational prowess required to work effectively in a large, highly-matrixed organization.
- Maintain industry relationships and look to all sources available to develop the best technology strategies.
- Ability to drive outsourced support resources to meet operational and delivery objectives.
ï¿½ Location/Facility ï¿½ Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas, TX (Downtown)
ï¿½ Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Information Technology/Epic Reporting & Analytics
ï¿½ Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full-time, days
ï¿½ Benefits ï¿½ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
o Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
o 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
o Tuition Reimbursement
o PTO accrual beginning Day 1
ï¿½ Bachelors or Equivalent Experience
ï¿½ 6+ years experience required
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationï¿½s exemplary health care organizations. Our missionis to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itï¿½s accepting a calling!
- Bachelors or Equivalent Experience
- 6+ years experience required
Community / Marketing Title: Oracle Database Administrator III
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.